It is unfortunatetly all too common for our skin to be trapped with dirt and oil, causing annoying redness and breakouts! This is why a fresh facial will be sure to enhance your natural beauty and leave your skin looking (and feeling!) its best. Here are 5 fabulous steps that will send you on your way to clearer and brighter skin:
1. Turn up the Heat- It is essential that when doing a facial, you always begin by washing your face with warm water. Of course, you don’t want it to be so hot that it burns your skin, but you definitely want to feel the warmth as it opens your pores!
2. Exfoliate! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!- Use a scrub that will get any dead skin and impurities out of your clogged pores, but make sure it is not too harsh for your skin! My all time favorite scrub is the Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub from Lush (approximately $22), but St. Ives also has an amazing Apricot Scrub that gets the job done for only $3! (what a steal!)
3. Mask It- Apply a mask that provides a solution to your specific problem. Whether you have oily, dry, acne prone, or aging skin, I know there is a mask out there that will be perfect for your personal skin issues. Because good masks tend to be very pricey, you must always on the look out for the next best dupes! I love Freeman’s Peel off Mask in Pomegranate and the Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mudmask in Orange and Bergamot (both found at Ulta).
4. Lather on the Moisturizer- It is essential that you do not skip out on this step! Applying a moisturizer will be sure to keep your skin looking fresh and hydrated (not to mention silky smooth!)
5. Zap Those Zits– Find a good spot on treatment that you can apply to specific problematic areas. I use a dermatologist prescribed brand called Aczone, but there are plenty of drugstore brands that have been said to be good too! Neutrogena and Clean & Clear are always coming out with new products, so you will definitely want to keep an eye out for those!
Xoxo~ Cara & Tal