Sometimes, the best way to apply makeup is to stick to the basic necessities- and by “necessities” I mean your product and your finger, and that’s about it. But other times, something a little more “lavish” is needed to get the job done, and that’s where makeup brushes come in. A good set can be extremely hard to find, especially at a reasonable price. Luckily, many drugstores such as Target and Walgreens have a wide selection of brushes that are low priced, and will last you for years… with the right care. I know what you’re probably thinking- ‘great, that’s one more thing that I have to keep up with in my life… and another thing that I’ll have to constantly clean.’ But trust me, keeping your makeup brushes in tip top shape will benefit you in more ways than just one. Sure, it’s always nice to be clean and decrease the chances of spreading germs, but using clean tools to apply your makeup will also ensure that your skin stays fresher, with less oil and breakouts. Here are a few quick and easy steps that will keep your makeup brushes neat, tidy, and in great shape for many years to come.
What you will need:
Your brushes (of course)
1. Apply equal parts dish soap and olive oil to your plate.
2. Lightly wet your makeup brushes in lukewarm water.
3. Swirl your brushes around in the soapy solution to make sure all parts of the brush are covered.
4. Swirl your brushes (as done in step 3) onto your hand under the water until the brushes are clean.
5. Gently pat the brushes onto a clean paper towel and leave them to dry for a few hours.
Xoxo~ Cara & Tal