When life gives you a lemon, you have two choices. You can either make the oh-so typical summer lovin’ lemonade, or you can take a ride on the wild side with a risqué new recipe- our world famous lemon bars. OK, so they might not be world famous, but they’re getting pretty darn close. From dinner parties to barbecues to just a simple afternoon pick-me-up, these babes are taking over, one party at a time. And by the way, “party for one” is a real thing so… If you’re feeling lonely, eat a lemon bar. If you’re feeling happy, eat a lemon bar. If you’re feeling annoyed with my slightly corny attempt to get you to eat our lemon bars, eat a lemon bar. See? They seemingly work for every occasion. 😉
1.1 cup of All-Purpose Flour
2. ¼ cup of Brown Sugar
3. ½ teaspoon of Salt
4. 1 Stick of Cold Unsalted Butter
1. 1 Lemon
2. 2 Large Eggs (room temperature)
3. 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
4. 2 tablespoons of All-Purpose Flour
5. ½ teaspoon of Baking Powder
1. Powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Pour the flour, sugar, and salt into a bowl, and stir together with a whisk.
3. Cut the butter into small cubes, and add to the bowl of dry ingredients.
4. Using a flat beater mixer, blend the butter and the flour together until it forms pea size chunks.
5. Place the mixture in an eight inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
6. Pat it down until it is an even layer.
7. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
*While the crust is baking make the filling.*
8. Zest and juice the lemon. You will need 1 teaspoon of lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
9. Beat the lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs and sugar on low speed for about 1-2 minutes.
10. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
11. Add flour/baking powder mixture to lemon mixture, and whisk again.
12. After removing the crust from the oven, pour the lemon mixture over it, and place it back in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
13. Once taking it out of the oven, let it cool completely.
14. Powder your lemon bars with sugar, cut, and serve!
Xoxo~ Cara & Tal