A fresh face of makeup is hard to maintain, especially when your day to day life consists of work, school, and running errands in the oh so dreaded heat. For the typical beaut, a glam squad is not included in the mix, so finding the time and energy to look “effortlessly” chic can become quite difficult. While celebs have makeup artists, assistants, and their so called “squads” to do the heavy work, we normal folks have to tackle it all on our own. In the spirit of all the daily “challenges” being normal has to offer, Tal and I thought it would be very helpful to supply you all with a quick fix. Here is your go-to guide for carrying all the essentials:
1. Blotting sheets- We’ve touched on this subject once before, but I don’t think it can be emphasized enough. In order to keep from looking like you just took a “dip” in a pool full of olive oil, blotting sheets are a must. You can purchase them at pretty much any drugstore for a whopping price of $3.
2. Powder- This is the magical product that takes your complexion from shiny to matte, all in one application. But just as much as we want to avoid resembling a grease ball, we also want to avoid looking like a cake ball- which is exactly what you’ll look like if you pack on the powder. Lightly Swirl your most cherished kabuki brush into the powerful product and dab it on to your skin. Repeat the process twice, three times at most. Anything more could lead to a catastrophe… I’m warning you.
3. Lip balm & Lotion- As the Summer warmth disappears and autumn’s chill approaches, be prepared to part with more than just your favorite tank top and jorts (jean shorts). Sadly, moisture also leaves us behind, welcoming lots of irritated, dry skin and painfully chapped lips. Ah moisture, one of the many things we take for granted from mother nature until it’s kicked out mid September and not acknowledged ’till late spring. So how do we deal with this awful beauty bust? Exfoliating with sugar scrubs is wonderful, but lip balm and lotion are what do the trick! If you always have a lip balm and mini lotion at your side, you can say goodbye to chapped lips and dry knees for good!
4. Mints- They’re perfect after a heavy meal, or if you’re just looking for a little pick me up. Beauty Tip: Stay away from chewing gum! Although it is ever so tempting, it’s actually bad for your digestive system and can lead to possible weight gain. So go for the equally yummy, but definitely underrated mints. It’s better for your body, but still leaves your breath fresh and clean.
5. Perfume- It’s always nice to smell nice. Need we say more? Pick up a travel size of your favorite perfume and give yourself a spritz or two throughout the day. After all, it’s always a plus to leave your sweet smell lingering where ever you go.
Xoxo~ Cara & Tal