The hype for coconut oil is alive and fiercely strengthening- The idea that a single product can have over hundreds of benefits is what continues to drive us crazy with admiration. In today’s post, we thought it would be fun to share with you a few of our favorite ways coconut oil can be used. Enjoy!
1. Coconut Lotion: So, when the Bath & Body Works semi-annual sale rolls around, I’m guessing you probably go a little crazy- spending the money you don’t have, buying the things you don’t need, and getting a temporary “high” off of products that just might disappoint you in the long run. Well, in order to save you from the madness that shopping sprees often entail, we have one power product that will satisfy all of your dry skin needs. Taking just a scoop of coconut oil (straight from the jar), warming it with your hands, and applying it to your skin will provide a natural + delightful moisturizer for your skin!
2. Eye makeup remover: If your eye area tends to be slightly sensitive, a nice dose of coconut oil might be exactly what you need to remove your makeup. Rubbing a small amount over your eye lids in a gentle, circular motion will remove undesired eye makeup, and will leave your skin baby smooth!
3. Coconut Body scrub: Not only do body scrubs wash away dry, cracked skin, but they also help release toxins from the body and decrease cellulite. Simply add equal parts sugar to your new favorite oil for a sweet smelling scrub. You will have everyone convinced that you just returned from a lovely tropical vacation!
4.Oil pulling: Oil pulling has recently become all the rage because of the many benefits it has to offer, so we knew we just had to share it with you! Although swishing around a spoonful of coconut oil in your mouth for 5-10 minutes can seem a little unappealing, when your teeth are stronger and whiter, your skin is clearer, and you have more energy, there won’t be any room for complaining!
5. Nail growth: As we have discussed in previous posts, well groomed nails add a lot to your over all appearance. Applying a small amount of coconut oil onto your cuticles daily can help strengthen your nails and will make a fresh mani all the more satisfying!
6. Deep conditioner: Although hair trends change daily, we’re sure dull hair will never make the cut. So, in order to keep your hair healthy, strong, and smooth, massage a spoonful of coconut oil into your hair. Focus the treatment mainly at the ends, and use the leftovers for your scalp. Tie your hair up in a sleek bun, and leave it in over night for a fresh and renewed head of hair!
7. Burns: Hot tool burns are awful- the stinging, the itching, and the “beautiful” mark that mocks our uncoordinated selves all prove to be reasons why. Luckily, coconut oil will work wonders, making it disappear in a jiffy! (Did I just say jiffy?) It has a lovely cooling effect when applied to the skin, and will prevent peeling, blistering, and scaring.
8. Lip balm: If your lips are feeling dry this season (which I can almost guarantee they will), don’t fret! Just pull out your handy dandy coconut oil and swipe a pea size amount across your lips! It will moisturize them better than any typical lip balm, and it smells better too!
9. Scaring: Battling acne is the worst… We’ve both been there. If you’d like to read a little bit about my skin journey, click here:
But once you’ve finally cleared up your acne, you’re faced with a new issue- scaring. Fortunately, coconut oil is here once again to save the day! Placing a small amount onto your scars daily will naturally lighten the area, making the scar disappear!
10. Allergies: Unfortunately, Allergy + flu season is among us, which means lots of sniffles, sneezes, and tylenol PM. Well, add coconut oil to this list because it actually helps alleviate allergy symptoms. Just rub a little on the side of your nose, and you’ll be good to go!
Xoxo~ Cara & Tal